Photo credit: InSapphoWeTrust
British Royals Prince William and Kate Middleton were in New York City recently. As part of their first visit to the Big Apple, the couple attended a Brooklyn Nets/Cleveland Cavaliers game.
In a post-game photo op, NBA star LeBron James (“King James”) breached royal protocol when he slung his arm over the shoulder of Kate Middleton. In reaction to this gaffe, Buckingham Palace has issued a reminder of what is verboten when meeting a member of the Royal Family:
- No soccer chants
- Do not ask if you can be Facebook friends
- No Indecent Proposal type proposals involving Kate Middleton
- No looking directly at Queen Elizabeth. It is acceptable to gaze at her hat.
- No commenting on Prince William’s ever-progressing bald spot
- Must say “Queen MUM” and never “Queen MOM”
- If Queen Elizabeth clips ear during knighting, do not react
- No beer bong with Prince Harry, even when suggested by Prince Harry
- Must give the right of way to the Queen’s corgis
- Never, ever mention “Diana”